OBJECTIVES OF BBA PROGRAMME
- Preparing students to take up entry level managerial skills to start a professional career in business management.
- Inculcating abilities, practical skills and positive attitude required for a competent and responsible manager.
- Developing necessary foundation for graduate studies in management.
- Giving the environment where students can cultivate their hidden and inner potentiality.
- Helping the students develop the knowledge and skills to use their ability in their real lives.
- Helping the students to take the challenges of the coming days curiously and efficiently.
- Preparing students for meeting the-world-wide needs of trades and industries.
- Developing decision-making ability and thinking independently in the students.
PROGRAMME FEATURES OF BBA
- The BBA program in VSN has following features:
- Methods of teaching will be supported by case studies, group discussion, project assignment, field visits and class presentation
- Audio-video and internet will be made accessible as per the demand of the subject.
- Students’ participation, group discussion, individual presentations are emphasized to increase the confidence level and develop leadership and communication skills in students.
ADMISSION INFORMATION AND PROCEDURE
The students who have a desire for education in the field of business can apply. V.S. is committed in its pursuit of academic excellence and pro-active and inclusive approach to quality education.
The prospective students may come from a variety of disciplines such as business education, science education and other fields of education like social science, medicine, engineering, liberal arts etc. The final decision on admission is taken on the bases of (a) scores of the admission tests administered by faculties (b) interviews and, (c) past academic performance of the applicants.
EVALUATION PROCEDURE : CONTINUES ASSESSMENT
The special feature is the education system and evaluation that help the students to suit their own pace of learning. The college follows the semester with the internal evaluation system. Continuous assessment of students’ performance is adopted to provide feedback and to help the students to develop the performances in regular basis. Such assessments are treated as internal evaluation, which carries one half of the total weight of the evaluation of the university. In other words, the marks obtained by the student are added to the final grade awarded. Such internal assessment will be based on students participation in the class, home assignment, project work, class test, module tests and quiz etc.
On the Whole Evaluation System can be said as:
- Continuous evolution of the student’s performance by giving him/her flexibility to progress at a pace suited to his/her innate ability is the prominent feature of the system.
- Each semester is covered by the courses that impart the knowledge and skills in different areas. Courses are very smart in nature, having 3 credit-hours per course in general that means it requires 3 hours in a week and 48 hours in a semester covering six months time.
- There is a provision of internal evaluation, which is conducted by faculty members of the course and it has 50% weight of total evaluation.
At the end of each semester students are awarded grades based on grades and marks obtained in various segments of the course evaluations.
- The grade marks awarded to the students in a course are based on his or her consolidation performance in both internal evaluation (50%) and external evaluation (50%). The grading system is designed in such a way so that it matches with reputed foreign universities and to facilitate the interpretation of students’ performance. The students will be graded at the range of A to F. A is graded as ‘Excellent’ and F as ‘Failed’.
- Photocopies of detailed evaluation system of Pokhara University will be distributed in the college later on.
PHYSICAL FACILITIES AND TECHING MATERIALS
V.S Niketan is very sensitive about hygiene factors. It has its own-planned building for academic environment. Classes are designed to meet the students’ requirement. It uses modern infrastructures and other arrangements based on the advices of educationist and consultants. Its uses white boards, projectors and audio-video aids for teaching and learning purposes.
The overall communication and medium of instruction will be in English.
SCHOLORSHIP/FREESHIP FOR DESERVING STUDENTS
V.S. Niketan offers Free ship (waving of tuition fee) to the needy and brilliant students as per the policy of the college. University Board Examination result will be taken into account for this purpose. The 1st topper will get 50% and 2nd topper will get 25% fee relieve for the coming semester. The student scoring 4 CGPA will be offered full scholarship in tuition fee.
The students are allowed to wear decent casual dress.
Students are expected to attend all scheduled classes regularly. Students shall have to attend minimum 80% classes in all subjects to appear in the final examination. Excessive absences make it almost impossible for a student to meet the academic objective of a course; it frequently causes a student to receive a lower grade. Habitual absenteeism or late attendance will cause for an explanation from the parents and student.
V.S Niketan has highly qualified and experienced Faculties with wide exposure in the related fields. Most of these members are devotees of education, teaching and learning for a couple of decades. V.S. Niketan believes that the faculty members run program effectively to achieve the goal of the college.
V.S Niketan has a set of distinguished faculty guests engaged in the fields of teaching and learning for decades and have given untiring devotion to fulfill the highest responsibilities of renowned education institution. They frequently visit the college and help to promote the spiritual, moral, social, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils.
V.S. Niketan students regularly organize seminars/workshops/report writing/field visit with the support of faculties to enhance their learning and growth.
LEARNING RESOURCE CENTER/LIBRARY
The library has the inventory of chosen periodicals, books, etc. of wide areas. The collection emphasizes to support the students’ need of learning as well as individual growth.
V.S Niketan will organize field visits intending to expose students with the realities of Nepal based commerce, industry and management practices. Educational tour/excursion will be organized to broaden the knowledge of the students as per the requirements.
V.S Niketan arranges a clean cafeteria to provide refreshment and delicious items of food at subsidized price to the students and staff.
Under the BBA programme a student is required to participate in the internship programme, which is a core requirement. This program provides the students with the opportunity to work in an organization, gain real experience of the organization and gain exposure.
V.S. Niketan believes in achieving standard quality and standard education at affordable fee rates.
- Fee schedule may be different to the different batches. Therefore, the fee chart shall be made available to the relevant batch at the time of admission.
- All University Fee (i.e Affiliation, Course Regd., Exam, etc.) will be charged separately. College fee will be charged in installment bills.
- Tuition fee is charged for 12 months in four installments (i.e. 2 installments for each semester).
- No part of fee, already paid, will be refunded at any case.
Business Mathematics -I
Business Mathematics – II
Financial Accounting- II
Principles of Management
Computer & IT Applications
Business Communication I
Business Communication II
Data Analysis & Modeling
Essentials of Finance
Fundamentals of Sociology
Fundamentals of Organizational Behaviour
Principles of Marketing
Basis of Managerial Accounting
Legal Aspects of Business and Technology
Business Research Method
Business and Society
Fundamentals of Operations Management
Introduction to Management Information Systems
Management of Human Resource
Concentration I (Finance / Marketing)
Concentration II (Finance / Marketing)
Business Environment in Nepal
Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
Introduction to International Business
Essentials of e-Business
Elective – I (Social Ecology and Environment)
Elective II (Management of Technology)
Concentration III (Finance / Marketing)
Concentration IV (Finance / Marketing)